The Best and Essential Supplements for Summer!
The 8 Best Supplements for Summer
Summer is the time for beach days, vacations with friends and family, plenty of pool and plenty of sunshine - But it’s also time to keep your body healthy on the inside and out!
Check out the best supplements for summer to keep you looking and feeling your best as the temperature rises.
Summer Supplements and Vitamins
1 & 2) Vitamin C & Vitamin E
Vitamin C is great for helping lower your body temperature as well as preventing the problems associated with summer like heat rash and heat stroke. And also, helps protect cells from free-radical damage, according to the Office of Dietary Supplements. Air pollution and ultraviolet light — two constants of outdoor activity in the summer — are common sources of free radicals.This vitamin also has strong anti-inflammatory properties.
Vitamin E not only acts as a natural antihistamine for counteracting hay fever symptoms and other allergies but is a super hero to your skin by providing antioxidants to eliminate harmful free radicals and protect skin fro more damage. Vitamin E is known for replenishing your body's collagen production, making it easier for your skin to maintain its elasticity and encourage skin renewal.
Together, these two vitamins work together as an antioxidant power duo to offer protection against the effects of UV light and they may even help you skip getting sunburned.
Suggested Use: The Office of Dietary Supplements recommends daily vitamin C intake of 90 mg for men and 75 mg for women.Typically, Americans get enough vitamin C each day from food and beverages (such as fruit juices), the Office of Dietary Supplements says. However, if you’ve determined your vitamin C levels are lacking, you might think about ramping up your vitamin C intake with multivitamins or vitamin C supplements. 3) Probiotics Going on vacation? An excellent probiotic supplement helps keep your gut healthy and your digestive system on track when you're putting new and unusual foods in your tummy that it's not used to. Additionally, if you're spending more times being active outside, a probiotic can also be useful to keep your energy and stamina up!
4) Krill Oil This super-supplement gives you antioxidant protection against the effects of pollution, the sun, and any unhealthy eating you may be doing on your vacation. Krill oil has a good amount of omega-3 fatty acids, making it an excellent skin-nutrient for summer protection.
5) Multivitamins It's suggested to take a high-quality multivitamin supplement if you are traveling this summe, because - let's be honest, your diet tends to slip a bit while on vacation. Not to mention, you are using a lot of energy and your immune system takes a hit when you are traveling.
Suggested Use: Choose a supplement with a balanced blend of vitamins and minerals that will help your overall health. Take as directed.
6) Adaptogens Have you noticed you're starting to live off coffee? Adaptogens are substances that help to balance energy levels throughout the day and help you maintain energy without resorting to lots of caffeine. These compounds balance cortisol and other hormones in the body, help regulate the stress response, and manage adrenal function.
7) Vitamin D You're on vacation and soaking up that sunshine vitamin, so why should you need more? Although our bodies create vitamin D when our bare skin is exposed to the sun, according to Harvard Medical School, sun-generated vitamin D isn’t dispersed equally. Factors such as time of day, geographic location, air pollution, age, skin color and sunscreen use might limit the effectiveness of the 10 to 15 minutes of vitamin-promoting sun exposure that’s recommended a few times per week. If you’re not absorbing enough vitamin D from sunlight, eating vitamin-fortified foods and taking vitamin D supplements might help narrow the gap, according to the Mayo Clinic. Vitamin D doesn’t naturally occur in many foods.
Suggested Use:The average recommended daily amount of vitamin D for adults from 19 to 70 years old is 600 international units (IU).
8) Chia Seeds Super chia seeds are a great source of protein and fiber as well as essential fatty acids. Chia seeds help you stay properly hydrated in the summer as they assist your body in retaining water. Add some chia seeds to a smoothie or to your cereal :)
Whether you are lounging at the pool or heading off on a family road trip, keep the following four vitamins in mind in conjunction with your summer escapades to keep your body feeling its best!